The Warehouse Picker is responsible for building the order pallets by picking items and organizing the product in a stable and transportable manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Warehouse Picker include, but are not limited to:
- Build pallet orders by picking items while maintaining a productive and brisk pace of output
- Pick items as directed by order sheet and maintain 55 picks per hour
- Thoroughly clean work area after shift to include lifting and organizing boxes
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by Warehouse Supervisors and Operations Manager
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis while maintaining an appropriate pace
- Ability to obtain a forklift certification
- Ability to operate a riding and stand up forklift
- Excellent understanding of date codes and proper rotation practices
- Ability to safely operate an electric pallet jack, both walk-along and ride-on
- Basic mathematical skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Ability to behave in a manner which will display loyalty to Better Brands
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and climb stairs and lift, push and move up to 50lbs. The employee is occasionally required to reach, sit and use hand eye coordination.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and works in various climate conditions including a controlled environment warehouse (CEW).