Service Representative (CDL Driver)
The Service Representative is primarily responsible for the continuous flow of delivery of our portfolio of beverage products (primarily beer) on assigned route, and ensuring timely deliveries, consistent rotation, and aggressive merchandising of all Better Brands portfolio of products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Service Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver products into assigned accounts in a safe and timely manner
- Deliver and rotate all products at the account maintaining proper product rotation for freshness
- Collect payments from customers, make changes, and record transactions on customer receipts
- Collect empty product pallets and/or kegs from previous deliveries
- Interact with customer to inform them of new products or services
- Listen to and resolve service complaints
- Merchandise products in the accounts including cooler doors, shelves, and inside beer caves
- Set up merchandise promotion displays or use sales promotions materials to customers
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned truck/vehicle
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by Delivery Manager and/or Team Leader.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Class “A” CDL license required
- Clean 10-year driving record required
- Customer service- manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Teamwork-contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics- treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Organizational support- follows policies and procedures
- Motivation- sets and achieves challenging goals
- Planning/organizing- uses time efficiently
- Quantity- meets productivity standards
- Safety and Security- observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and material properly
- Adaptability- manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Attendance/punctuality- is consistently at work and on time
- Ability to effectively practice safe driving and proper lifting techniques
- Ability to interface effectively with other department, customers and vendors
- Ability to behave in a manner which will display loyalty to Better Brands
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and climb stairs and into truck. The employee frequently is required to lift, push and move up to 100lbs, and at times up to 165lbs. The employee is occasionally required to reach, sit and use handle eye coordination.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and works in outside in various climate conditions.