The Forklift Operator is responsible for loading and unloading incoming and outgoing transportation trucks, replenishment of pick area, placing into stock received loads and customer order tickets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Forklift Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Build pallet customer orders with forklift while maintaining a productive and brisk pace of output
- Load and unload full goods onto a transportation vehicle
- Replenish pick area from existing stock as directed while maintaining proper rotation techniques
- Place received loads into stock areas while maintaining rotation standards
- Thoroughly clean work area after shift to include lifting and organizing boxes
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by Warehouse Supervisors and Operations Manager
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience\
- Forklift operation certification preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis while maintaining an appropriate pace
- Ability to operate a riding and stand up forklift
- Excellent understanding of date codes and proper rotation practices
- Ability to safely operate an electric pallet jack, both walk-along and ride-on
- Basic mathematical skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Ability to effectively practice safe driving and proper lifting techniques
- Ability to behave in a manner which will display loyalty to Better Brands
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and climb stairs and lift, push and move up to 50lbs. The employee is occasionally required to reach, sit and use hand eye coordination.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and works in various climate conditions including a controlled environment warehouse (CEW).