The primary responsibilities of the role consist of, but not limited to, performing the cleaning and maintenance of retail accounts draft system lines from tavern to faucet per Better Brands, Inc. standards, and delivering, setting up/breaking down, and maintaining special event wagons, tubs, draft boxes, etc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Draught Tech include, but are not limited to:
- Follow the Better Brands Inc. line cleaning procedures for all accounts
- Follow route sequence scheduled in a timely and efficient manner
- Flush draft lines properly, breaking down and cleaning faucets, tavern heads, tap handles, etc.
- Report any draft system issues immediately to Channel Manager and/or Sr. Draught Tech
- Build and maintain good relations with retail account managers, owners, and staff
- Ensure company vehicle is maintained and kept clean at all times
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all laws and parking considerations
- Readily attend BBI special events including festivals, concerts, etc.
- Complete market surveys as requested
- Apply all aspects of BBI company manuals
- Attend and pass certifications required by BBI
- Other duties as assigned from time to time as business conditions warrant by Team Leader
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of draught equipment maintenance experience
- 2 + years of continued education in industry
- Plumbing, HVAC, mechanical knowledge preferred, not required
- Ability to obtain a Class A CLD within 120 days
- Basic or intermediate knowledge of wholesale beer and ale industry concepts
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively practice safe driving and proper lifting techniques
- Ability to interface effectively with other department, customers and vendors
- Ability to behave in a manner which will display loyalty to Better Brands
- Be presentable and wear BBI approved attire at all times
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and climb stairs and lift, push and move up to 70lbs. The employee is occasionally required to and lift, push and move up to 165lbs reach, sit and use hand eye coordination.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Travel to client accounts on a daily basis in changing climate conditions.